The true about Travel Agents as described by “The Checkout”.
The Checkout is a popular tv show in Australia that review companies of various industrial sectors exposing the pros and the cons of that particular market trying to protect the interest of the consumers.
Pros of a vacation with Travel Agents:
- They organize the vacation for you
- They may have better deals but you have to be careful as they may have a vested interest in selling you a particular package
- They can tap into their experiences and the one of their clients to fine-tune and custom tailor your vacation
Cons of Travel Agents:
- They can give you expensive packages
- The majority of the time they have access to the same deals of any internet website
- They may have a vested interest in selling you a particular package
If you want know more about a do it by yourself approach in online traveling I recommend you this article.
The video also does not take into account that the travel industry is moving more towards a peer to peer experience and does not consider short term rental as a possibility of your vacation where you can rent a place directly by a local person that lives in the city that you intend to visit. Here you can find Welcome bonus for new AirBnB customers if you never heard about this possibility.
Learn something more
- Look at the TV show “the Checkout” in Wikipedia and in IMDB .
- Check in Booking.com and/or in AirBnB prices for comparing the offer that you may receive from Travel Agents
In my case i list my property directly online and not with the help of travel agents. However, let me know if you had a different experience and what you think about travel agents, I will be happy to update this article with your direct feedback!