In this article you are going to learn how to use Twitter and hashtag for short term rental properties. If properly used it can increase the visibility of your rental place as Twitter users will notice your tweets and, by following the links that you will share they will see your rental property that you have listed in one or more websites.
Out of the 400 million tweets per day, an average of almost 3 tweets per day for each registered user, you are probably what to reach users that are interested in taking a vacation therefore you are only interested in a fraction of them. At the same time you may want to follow the people who can provide you with the information you want. hashtags (#) are designed for these 2 purposes and facilitate searching the information you are looking for within seconds.
Simply put, a hashtag is a type of label or metadata tag used on social network and microblogging services which makes it easier for users to find messages with a specific theme or content. Users create and use hashtags by placing the hash character (or number sign) # in front of a word or unspaced phrase, either in the main text of a message or at the end. Searching for that hashtag will then present each message that has been tagged with it.
What follows is a selection of ” hashtag for short term rental “, in other words hashtags that are commonly used when we are referring to a rental property and/or short therm rental in general. These hashtags are divided in 3 different categories as they are used in different ways.
Hashtag used by people who love vacation and share their experiences
- #Holiday Does it really need an explanation?!? This is fairly popular among magazine and people.
- #OneLessStranger refers to hospitality and friendship. Your guest is a new friend and no longer a stranger.
- #BelongAnywhere was initially promoted by AirBnB itself for spreading the hospitality culture both host and guest use this hashtag.
Hashtag for short term rental and vacation home used by owners
- #WhyShareIt is popular among the HomeAway users and HomeAway itself. If you have a nice experience to share, just take a picture and add this hashtag.
- #HolidayRental is mainly used by small companies and people.
- #HolidayHouse similar to the previous but it refers more to the desire of purchasing a vacation home.
- #homeaway refers to the company itself and eventually to your listing there.
- #ShortTermRentals refer to the service that people provide.
- #Airbnb refers to the company itself or to an action that you or your host may have done in the website.
Hashtags that are generic but can be useful for short term rental
#Luxury it refers to anything that is aiming the luxury lifestyle.
#FixerUpper if you plan to renovate your place and you want to share your experience.
#travel refer to your experience as traveler in general and is not necessarily attached to a property.
#citybreak refers to the act of taking pause from the normal day-to-day routine. It is used for spotting cosy places or sometimes synonymous of a short vacation.
Hashtag for short term rental is the key for a proper use of Twitter. As you know the platform limits the characters to a tweet to just 140 so you will not be able to use all the hashtags contained in this article in just one tweet.
Below you can find my favourite set that I continue to refine with many trial and error.
If you want to visualise it, I kindly ask you, as token of appreciation to like our Facebook page or tweet this article to your followers. Thanks in advance!
#Holiday #OneLessStranger #BelongAnywhere are hashtags used by guest so you should encourage your guest to use them, maybe sending them an email while they are staying or offering a gifts
#WhyShareIt #ShortTermRentals #ShortTermRentals are the best hashtags to network with other home owners, if you share their they will share yours
The other hashtags should be used as variation and you should try to put one in each tweet that you will produce
What about you? What do you think about using hashtags? Are you using different hashtags? I will be happy to hear from you!